Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Day at "Work"

My senior manager flew in from Denver for the week.  For many, that would mean a huge headache.  Luckily, I have awesome managers :)


To give us a break and do some team-building (I mean, we have to make it work-related somehow, right?) we took a half day and went to the state fair.  I know, I know, I pretty much have the best job ever.  


We spent our afternoon enjoying the warm sun, riding bumper cars, and eating some delicious fried food.  Those of you who live in The South know that they will fry anything here.  Fried oreos were my treat of choice today, although I've been hearing about the infamous Krispy Kreme burger for weeks now.  No one in our group tried it, but it's basically what it sounds like- a cheeseburger with two Krispy Kreme donuts as the bun.  I'm not sure if I was more disturbed that someone came up with the idea for this 1000 calorie monster, or how long the line to try it was.


It shouldn't have surprised me that JD was amongst the group of people who wanted to give it a try.  "That sounds SO gross," I said when I first heard about it.  "No," he insisted, "it sounds delicious."  Much to his dismay, I didn't bring one home for him.  Maybe next time, JD....

No comments:

Post a Comment