Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Food Baby

I rub my protruding belly lovingly and turn to the side to show JD my baby bump… my food baby bump, that is.  That’s what I call it when I’ve eaten entirely too much.  After this weekend, I think I’m having food baby triplets.

My mom and stepdad came to visit from Ohio, which means we spent the weekend drinking wine and eating too much.  It was fabulous.

It was one of those rare occasions I enjoyed cooking.  I introduced them to my favorite chili recipe, Mexican pizza, and portabella burgers.  I made mint chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookie bars, and puppy chow (actually, JD made the puppy chow and used wayyy too much powdered sugar… he couldn’t eat it without making a powdery mess all over his face, clothes, counter and floor).

Last night we were treated to my stepdad’s salmon patties, which even JD loved, despite his hatred of fish.  My stepdad is an amazing cook; he could look into the fridge, see only eggs, mayonnaise, and zucchini, and somehow turn it into an amazing meal.  Anytime he cooks for us is a treat.

We also ventured back to the winery JD and I visited a while ago, and once again couldn’t resist going out for pasta afterward.

My family left this morning.  Our house may now be empty, but our bellies are still very full.

Oh, and by the way, remember that Christmas present JD couldn’t wait to give me?  He went to Build-A-Bear and made me a police bear so I don’t have to sleep alone once he starts working night shifts.  It might be my favorite thing he’s ever given me…


1 comment: