Sunday, November 7, 2010

Work Less, Play More

It's a good thing JD and I aren't alcoholics or drug addicts, because we definitely enable each other.  


Our plan for today was to attend a tour and wine tasting at a local winery, work out on the way home, then make pancakes for dinner (hey, they're not just for breakfast anymore).  I think it was around the 5th wine in our 11 wine tasting that our host said, "This wine goes great with pasta like fettuccine alfredo."




I saw JD's face light up at the same time mine did, and we didn't even have to say anything to know what the other was thinking.  Pasta sounded delicious, eating out sounded like a lot less work than cooking, and spending our afternoon at our favorite restaurant sounded a lot more fun than working up a sweat at the gym.  This triggered a lengthy discussion about whether we should work out and pick up to-go on the way home or eat out then run later tonight.


We could blame it on that warm, fuzzy wine feeling, but I guarantee you the result would have been the same even if alcohol wasn't involved.  We went out for fettuccine alfredo, shared a chocolatey dessert, and how he's playing video games while I sit at the computer.  No plans to run.


As a general rule, we live a pretty healthy lifestyle, but all it takes is one of us to say, "Wanna go get ice cream instead of go to the gym?" and the other will easily cave.  I justify it by reminding myself that I'd rather live life enjoying wine, delicious pasta, and good conversation with my husband, than force myself to work out obsessively and only eat certain things.  


Thanks, JD, for being my husband, best friend, and enabler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment