Friday, January 14, 2011

Things I'm Excited About


The We Care Committee at my office voted to support Operation Homefront as one of our charities this year. I’m not just excited because it was my suggestion, but also because supporting the military is so near and dear to my heart <3  In fact, there wasn’t much discussion about it; as soon as I suggested it, everyone on the committee immediately agreed and said that supporting our military is always a good cause.  I had to hold back a tiny tear.

I have 2 new pairs of adorable ballet flats that are being shipped my way.  I feel like are just what I need to round out my shoe collection.  Although I’m sure you’re dying to hear all about them, I think I’ll wait and share pics when they come in.  So you all can look forward to that :)

This week, JD seems to be enjoying the academy more.  Not all day every day, but more often than not.  It’s a huge sigh of relief.  He’s getting more comfortable with his instructors and the other recruits.  He even came home with a smile on his face the other day!

My goddaughter loved the present I sent for her 3rd birthday.  I don’t have a lot of experience with kids, so I was unsure what to buy.  I spent way too long wandering the toy aisle at Target, and finally settled on a Play-Doh kit.  Apparently, she LOVES Play-Doh and when she opened it she said, “This is what I’ve always wanted.  How did Aunt Jenny know?”  She also said that JD is her best friend, which made his day :)

This weekend.  Not only is it going to be back in the 50’s, but we have a 3 day weekend!!  I will admit this makes me feel like a huge baby for 2 reasons: 1. I’m sure my family in Ohio wants to slap some perspective into me for complaining that it was in the 30’s-40’s this week.  2.  I just had a bunch of time off over the holidays, so another long weekend seems unnecessary.  To these things I say:  1. I’ve always been a baby about the cold.  2.  Three day weekends are always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment