Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Time

Academy Countdown: 1 day
JD came up to me today and put his arms around my waist.  “I apologize in advance if I’m super stressed over the next 6 months and it affects our relationship.”
“It’s okay babe,” I replied.  I meant what I said, but it doesn’t mean I’m not a little afraid.
We’ve both heard the warnings- from family friends, fellow bloggers, and current police officers.  The next 6 months are going to be the hardest of our marriage.  We know it’s going to be a roller coaster.  I remind myself that it’s only temporary, that the end result will be so worth it, and that I can be strong and patient, but 6 months is still a long time.  It will be July before this is all behind us.
He will do his best, but I know that I will not have all of him, because he’ll be giving so much of himself to the academy.  I will be there quizzing him, massaging his aching muscles, and being his emotional rock.  It’s his academy, but we’re going through it together.  
His suits are ready, the bag with everything he needs to keep in his locker is packed up, and he’s (we’ve) been studying throughout the day.  We’re as ready as we can be.
Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment