Monday, January 10, 2011

Feeling Restless

I never imagined I’d be the kind of person to move around all the time.  I’m a homebody by nature, and get very attached to the people around me and the familiarity of home.  I love NC, I love my friends, I love our house, and I love my job, but lately I’ve been craving a change of scenery.

I’d love to go live in the mountains somewhere.  Or even just take a vacation.  There are so many places I’d love to explore, like Las Vegas, wine country, the Rockies... and that’s just in the U.S.!

But now we’re adults.  We have a mortgage, jobs, and other responsibilities here.  I don’t want to sound ungrateful for what we have, because I’m not.  I love that we own a house that we’ve made into our home.  I’m thankful that we’re both happily employed, that we have great friends and a great marriage.

For now, we have to be thankful for the opportunities we’ve had and all of the other wonderful things in our lives.  We have each other, our health, great friends and family, 3 awesome dogs we were able to rescue, a great home, and great jobs.  As far as life experiences- I’ve experienced the joy of Disney World, took in the view atop the Empire State Building, enjoyed a dream honeymoon to St. Lucia, fearlessly left home to move to NC, taken in vibrant Key West, shopped Chicago’s Michigan Avenue, and swam in the Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf of Mexico.

Okay, now I’m starting to sound spoiled :)  My point, really, is that despite all of the things we are unable to do in our lifetime, there are so many other things we’ve been blessed with.  Maybe someday I’ll have the time and means to do a bit more exploring, but for now, I’ll enjoy the wonderfulness of the present.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE moving...I told FI that we're staying in our loft until I'm done with my Ph.D because packing and lugging all of my stuff drives me crazy! I love Michigan Avenue...I'm going shopping there this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, well, I hate the MOVING part. Up until 2 years ago, I'd moved at least once a year since I graduated high school. But the act of getting there can be fun :) Like, if you were to move somewhere warmer ;-)

    ReplyDelete