Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Remember to Breathe

9pm and even though we are in bed, the day is still not over because JD is studying.  Minus the 15 minutes we spent at the dinner table, this is the first moment we've had to sit down all night.  With the academy stuff keeping him so busy, I'm taking on most of the household stuff myself.  I was prepared for it, and it's one of the things I can do to be supportive, but that doesn't make it fun.

Similar to JD's ups and downs, I have days where I feel completely energized and in control, and days where I feel there's barely a second to stop and breathe.  I can't even imagine how I'd be feeling if we had kids.

Still, it could be worse.  Another police academy wife blogged that between caring for their new baby, his study time, and prepping his uniform for the next day, they never got to bed before 1am.   Based on her experiences, I had braced myself for something along those lines.  We're exhausted, but we're not sleep deprived, if that makes any sense.  So that's one thing to be thankful for.  Hopefully it stays that way!

Week 3: Today the instructors decided to switch things up.  The recruits are no longer allowed to talk to a couple of their instructors, including the instructor JD really liked and trusted.  It was nice to know there was someone there he could talk to honestly, and now JD feels like there's no one.  The new instructors are much harder on them and it's already stressing JD out.

On the bright side, he's passed all 3 of his tests so far and he says he can already feel himself getting faster and stronger.  Also, both of the pairs of shoes I ordered came in.  I know I promised to blog all about them, but I'll save that for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment