Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


I never jumped on the bandwagon of people who hate Valentine’s Day because “it’s so commercial.”  The truth is, I think love is great, and deserves to be celebrated.  Why NOT take a day every year to tell your friends and family how much they mean to you?  Why NOT have an excuse to go out to a nice dinner and eat too much chocolate?  True, these are things we should be doing year round (especially the chocolate part), but we get so caught up in everyday life that we often don’t.  Maybe Valentine’s Day is overly-commercial, but so is every other holiday.  I mean, I don’t hear those Valentine’s Day haters whining when they have a house full of expensive Christmas presents.  

JD and I usually keep it low key.  I hate trying to go out to dinner when the restaurants are so crowded.  He treated me to dinner over the weekend, so that was kind of like a pre V-day date.  It’s warm (70!) and sunny here today, so we might take the dogs for a walk.  Of course that depends on when he gets out of the academy.  It wouldn’t surprise me if they found a way to ruin Valentine’s Day too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment