Monday, November 7, 2011

Living The Good Life

Continuing with this fall's theme of blogging about nothing more than my fabulously busy social life, you get to enjoy yet another post where I brag about how awesome my weekend was.  And since we're on the topic of bragging, I'd like to share that I just enjoyed a sushi dinner and am writing this post while eating a Reese's Blast from Sonic.


Now, to those of you who haven't rolled your eyes and closed your browser, let's continue...


We rented an awesome cabin in the mountains with some good friends for the weekend.  We couldn't have picked a better spot.  We were literally at the top of a mountain and had a stellar view.  



On Saturday, JD and I woke up to a view of the sun rising over the mountains, right out our bedroom window.




After a big breakfast, we geared up for some hiking.  Harrier LOVES to hike and didn't slow down for any part of the 8 miles.


Here is the "profile view"- how Grandfather Mountain gets its name.


It was a beautiful day for hiking.  The high was in the 50's, but it was much colder on top of the mountain, of course :)


Love how the red berries contrast with the flawlessly blue sky.


Here is one of the many views from atop the mountain.  If you look closely, you can see a blue roof- that's our cabin!


Our friends enjoying the view.


It was about this point that I thought I was going to die.  You can't see from the picture, but off to my right is... nothing.  That's pretty much the edge of the mountain.  Yes, this is seriously part of the trail.  It took some convincing to get me to do this part.


JD, of course, needed no convincing.


I look happy, but I'm still a bit panicked.



This is one of the views from our cabin.  Those ridges towards the right side of the picture are where we were hiking :)


After an awesomely exhausting day, we had some hot chocolate and curled up for a nap.


We woke up to a gorgeous sunset, then enjoyed a huge spaghetti dinner, relaxed in the hot tub, and warmed up in front of the fire.


A night view from our cabin (thanks for the sweet pic, D).


Another sweet pic from D.


I should take a moment to mention that we originally considered camping for this trip.  When we woke up to this view on Sunday morning (the wind was blowing so fast that these clouds were whipping by the window), we all knew we'd made the right decision.


All in all, another fabulous weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment