Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

Fall.  Definitely my favorite season.  I love the crisp air, flawlessly blue skies, colorful trees, football (Go Bucks!), and how the cool mornings go perfectly with a chai tea latte.  What has made fall even better this year is the time spent with friends we don't get to see very often.




Earlier this month, David's friend and his family came up from Camp Lejeune so the boys could do a little BMX riding.  Later, we grilled some burgers, enjoyed a few cocktails, and played Kinect (video games: they're not just for kids anymore).  


Love this father-daughter moment I captured when we were out at the trails :)


The next day, one of my high school friends and her family came to visit.  After real Carolina BBQ for lunch, we took advantage of the beautiful weather by going to a pumpkin patch and the playground.


I've known K since 2nd grade, and I'm constantly amazed by how much her daughter looks like a young K.


This past weekend, we went over to our friends' house for some pumpkin carving, Big Ten football, and good food.  These are also friends I've had since high school.  One lives nearby, the other lives an hour away so we don't see him as often, which made the day extra special.


Here is A's pumpkin, a Cleveland Browns football helmet, (in case you couldn't tell).  It's moments like these that remind me why I've made sure not to lose touch with these guys :)


And here are the finished products.  Football helmet is on the far right- not quite the same when it's not on someone's head.  Mine is the cat, but we were all upstaged by A's wife, who did the skull and crossbones in the middle.




No comments:

Post a Comment