Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vacations Should Never End

Vacations are awesome... Until it's time to return home and you realize the bubble you'd been living in was not reality. JD and I just spent an awesome week on Anna Maria Island, FL with my family. It was a perfect week filled with plenty of sunshine, lazing by the pool, and relaxing by the beach. 


By the time the end of the week rolled around, reality hit. During my week of bliss, I had forgotten that I do not live 3 houses down from the beach on a beautiful, laid-back island with my family just down the hall. I do not spend my days sunning myself by the pool then floating in the waves waiting for dolphins to swim by. I do not sleep whenever I want. I do not have a shaded outdoor cabana to watch TV in during the heat of the day.  I do not amble out to the beach after dinner to watch the sunset over the Gulf. Instead, I have a job and a house to take care of and a family that is 8 hours away.  So, I said goodbye to my family and came back to errands and 2 weeks worth of laundry.  Tomorrow I go back to work, and it will all be a distant memory....



Our private pool


Path to the beach


White sand and perfect blue water


How close the house was to the beach


With mom and Kelly at dinner


With JD at dinner


Amazing sunsets


Goodbye this time.  Hopefully we'll get to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment