Monday, October 10, 2011

Sounds of the Police Force

We all know someone who has a completely obnoxious ringtone.  An annoying song perhaps, or maybe even a standard ringtone that happens to be so loud you feel the need to cover your ears whenever their ringer goes off.

As soon as JD graduated from the academy, he started searching for police-related ringtones.  For a while, I thought the theme from Cops would win out (which actually would have been pretty funny), but then he came across something so much worse than anything I could have imagined.  Gunshots. 

I was horrified,  “What if we’re out and your phone starts ringing and people panic because they don’t realize it’s just your ringtone?”

But JD had already made up his mind, meaning he probably hadn’t heard a word I’d said.  I was hoping he’d at least limit the ringtone to other officers in his address book so I didn’t have to spend all day listening to gunshots.  Of course, that has not been the case. 

The other night, we were at the Sprint store because JD’s been having problems with his voicemail (we were also pre-ordering my new iPhone, just had to throw that out there).  The tech called his voicemail to test it, and immediately gunshots rang around the store.  Everyone looked up and stared, trying to figure out where the noise was coming from.   JD was unphased, but I felt extremely conspicuous. 

To make things worse, they kept calling his phone every few minutes until they’d fixed the issue.  Luckily, the other people waiting had gotten used to the noise, so they were a less alarmed, but probably getting as annoyed as I was.

I love my husband, and I’m glad he loves his job, but I’m wishing he didn’t enjoy the sound of gunshots.  I know I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment