Friday, May 13, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Sorry it’s been so long between posts.  I was in Ohio all last weekend and had taken a few days off work to make it a long weekend, but the downside to doing that is that I came back to twice as much work :)  I was exhausted all week and just couldn’t find the energy to blog.

Anyway, here I am!  My weekend at home was wonderful, and the drive was a breeze (thanks to many enjoyable episodes of Friends).  My mom said the weather there has been miserable lately, but I seemed to bring some sunshine with me, so we were able to get outside and enjoy walking their new dog, Lincoln, at the nearby reservoir, pick out some plants at the nursery, and have brunch on the patio at a French café before strolling through the Farmer’s Market.  As usual, I didn’t think to take many pictures while I was there, but I do have a cute picture of Lincoln that my mom and stepdad sent a while ago.



I also enjoyed a laughter-filled day of bowling and mini golf with my dad, followed by dinner, and Graeter’s Ice Cream (For those of you unfamiliar with Graeter’s, it’s locally handmade ice cream that  can only be found in Ohio… okay, Northern Kentucky too, but it started in Ohio and I still claim it as an Ohio thing.  Anyway, it’s heavenly).  I’m still laughing about a story my sister shared from work about a mailroom robot that trapped some lady in the elevator.  This robot also has a smiley face glued on to the front of it, which makes the story even more hilarious.

Friday night, I finally had a chance to meet my high school friend’s gorgeous baby and see their new house.  Her baby is super happy and bubbly, and I’m just so happy for her and her beautiful little family.  I’d also like to add that all of my friends’ kids amaze me.  I honestly believe my friends have the most beautiful, best behaved children in the world.  (It kind of makes me worry that our kids won’t live up to the same standards… just a little bit).

As much as I love living in NC, our house, our friends, and my job, it’s always hard to come back after spending time with my family and friends in Ohio.  Ohio will always be home, and I miss so many things about it.  The good news is that I will be back in July for my high school reunion and again in August for my friend’s wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a great visit - never long enough...But yeah, could you come back with some more sunshine? 50 degrees and rain tomorrow... :( Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete