Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I'm back from the big girls weekend at the beach!  What a weekend it was!  There were plenty of drinks, laughter, and sunshine (probably too much sunshine for at least a few of us).


I took a half day Friday so we could leave mid-afternoon and get there at a decent time.  The trip took longer than usual (summer road construction already, blah), and we were packed like sardines into the car (5 girls and all their crap), but it was all worth it once we arrived.  We had a 3 bedroom condo with an oceanfront balcony and the only thing that would have made it better is if we could have stayed longer.  We walked in to find freshly baked cookies, 2 bottles of wine, and a welcoming note inviting us to make ourselves at home.  Needless to say, that first bottle of wine was opened immediately so we could toast to a fabulous weekend before going for a walk on the beach.


(I'm going to share some pics, even though the quality isn't great because I just snapped a few with my iPod touch.)
















Trying to figure out showers between 7 girls and 2 bathrooms was somewhat interesting, so by the time we made it to dinner, we were famished.  We gorged ourselves on fresh seafood and even more wine at an oceanfront restaurant down the beach, before checking out some of the local bars.


Here's the part where I start to feel old.  After working in the morning, then driving 3 hours, then eating a large meal and having a few glasses of wine, I was t-i-r-e-d (how I'll ever have the energy to have a child, I'm not sure).  I kept yawning, and having fantasies of curling up in bed.  I toughed it out for a while (even though the bar was so loud I couldn't hear anything anyway), before my friend Rachel also admitted defeat, and we went back to the condo to crawl into bed.  On the plus side, we did catch an awesome view of the moon sparkling across the ocean, which was impossible to get a good picture of, but I'll share what I have with you anyway.




Saturday and Sunday were both spent on the beach.  We had absolutely gorgeous weather (sunny and 80's!), but this caused a problem for 5 out of the 7 of us, who are very fair skinned.  I swear I put on sunscreen every 2 hours, but this was my first extended period in the sun this year, so I burnt anyway... and so did everyone else.  By the time we left Sunday, my neck, shoulders, back, thighs, calves, and feet were all bright red, and all I wanted to do was soak in a bathtub of aloe... but at least I got some "color." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment