Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thoughts for the Day

Sometimes I wish there was a Starbucks across from my office.  Sometimes I’m glad there’s not.

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again.  North Carolina has some of the worst drivers on the planet.  Period.

I have recently developed a puffy red eye issue that I attribute to some allergy that’s never bothered me before.  I have an appointment for an allergy test on Monday.  I feel like I need to wear a sign that says, “No, I was not up all night crying.”

Right now I’m totally in a Damien Rice music phase.  For those of you who don’t know him, his music is generally extremely depressing.  Jenny and depressing don’t generally go hand-in-hand, so I’m not sure why he is my current musical obsession (maybe it’s the adorable Irish accent).

The new season of Sons of Anarchy started yesterday.  It’s a drama on FX about a motorcycle gang in California.  It’s definitely a JD show, not really a Jenny show, but I actually love it.  I highly recommend it, even if it doesn’t sound like your thing (but watch the first 3 seasons first!)

Another recommendation: “Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero” on Discovery Channel.  Each episode features a different building or memorial at the new WTC site.  There are parts that are sad, but the tone is mostly uplifting and inspiring.  It’s a very powerful, very well-done series.  They show re-runs all the time if you want to catch up.

No, I do not sit around all day and watch TV, contrary to what my previous thoughts may suggest.

My friend at work was laid off at the beginning of August.  She left me alone with our 2 guy friends.  I miss her.  Showing the boys my newest shoe obsession isn’t nearly the same.

JD and I are STILL working on getting our April tornado damage repaired.  Last I checked, the economy is terrible, so I’m not sure why we’re having a hard time getting contractors to show up for estimates and return our calls, but if they don’t want our money, I’m not going to chase them down.
There’s a tiny white-haired lady who goes to my gym.  She does twice the weight I do in Body Pump and gyrates her hips along with everyone else in Zumba.  She is my hero, and I hope I can be that awesome when I’m her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment