Saturday, August 18, 2012

Nesting

Well, it's full nesting mode here at our house. It all started 2 weekends ago when I felt the sudden need to redo the upstairs hall bathroom. I'd be tolerating the hideous green paint and wallpaper border left behind by the previous owners for 3 years because downstairs projects had taken priority. However, with a baby on the way, there seemed no better time to finally update the bathroom. My original intent was to find a brightly colored but sophisticated shower curtain that would work for a kids bathroom as well as guests who stay with us. That was until a monkey shower curtain caught my eye. Mommy hormones kicked in and I thought "I want to bathe my baby in a bathroom with monkeys!" so, monkeys it is.  And I'm kind of obsessed with the shower curtain.  Who knew.

This past weekend, JD and a few friends started putting together a shed kit we ordered from Home Depot.  This will allow us to move all of his bikes and tools out of what we now call the "man room" (really more of a junk room) out to the shed.  The man room will be transitioning to the office/guest room so the current guest room can covert to the nursery. JD is excited to have a space where he can really organize all his stuff and work. I'm excited to get all his junk out of the house.  Our extra bedrooms have kind of been neglected since we don't use them a whole lot.  Plus, I didn't want to go all out with decor when I knew we'd be updating them eventually for babies.  

The other evening, I was struck with the desire to clean out the closet in the soon-to-be nursery. I spent most of the evening sorting through office supplies, candles, scrapbooking supplies, and junk that should have been thrown away a long time ago. I was able to get rid of a good amount of stuff and prepare to move everything out of that room to make room for the baby.

I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of all of our completed projects in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment